View Single Post
Old 01-09-2019, 12:24 PM

Lamby is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supra View Post
OK...I am not bgoing to ask if I should or shouldnt use these re-use these bolts but I do have a question relating to them.

How the heck do you get access to the nuts on the upper side when putting them back? I really struggled to get them out and at the weekend am planning to re-assemble the car after swapping the turbo and frankly am dreading getting access to all the nuts, a couple are accessable via the wheel arch but not all.
Yes, they are a total pain. So, the access to them is a bit of a process. First, remove the plastic splash shield infront of the Reinforcement Plate, after that, I removed the side covers around the steering control arms top and bottom, and the inspection panels in the Plate, where you can drain the oil from, etc... So with all this done and out the way, by the ARB you can see the top of the bolts, I used a box spanner on the top side and a regular wrench underneath. Lay on my back under the car I just about found enough access to all of the bolt nuts on the underside. Use a bottle jack to keep the plate in place, remove all bolts then remove jack and lower the plate when you are out of the way

What I had updated
Carbon Effect Steering Wheel
Panoramic Sunroof Fix
PVC Replacement
All glowplugs and glowplug regulator
New discs and pads all round
All new front suspension links, bushes and rods

Sponsored Links