View Single Post
Old 01-27-2019, 07:27 PM

DuddingC is on a distinguished road
Baffling - Engine Malfunction With a New (to us) BMW X5 35i

Help! we bought a certified pre-owned 2013 BMW X5 35i e70 several months ago. Yesterday I took it up into the mountains for the first time (generally light highway driving but up to 10,000 ft.)

After returning, I heard a noise that sounded like my front brakes had reached their warning strips (today I pulled off the tires and the brakes are nearly new). The sound came in and out.

Picked up the wife, continued hearing the (false) break noise. Drove a mile, parked for 10 minutes, restarted the car. Got a check engine light about then, but was too busy with traffic to pay it any attention.

Soon as we hit stop-and-go traffic after about a half mile there was an intense burning plastic or battery acid smell.

We managed to get it back to the house on "reduced power" mode. After looking at it all day today I haven't found any noticeable burning or leaking.

I did get a scan tool on it, and am getting a whole bunch of misfire codes:15DF,0301,0302,0300,10F5,0087,
codes_p:0172,

Any tips would be appreciated. Hoping to at least ID this error before taking it to a dealership.

Thanks!!!

Sponsored Links