View Single Post
Old 01-29-2019, 03:12 PM

Fifty150hs is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red911t View Post
Haven't been working on the car in awhile since I've been busy with a 4 year old, 9 month old, and a business, and have just dealt with the vibration at idle. My mechanic (who is general tech that I use for inspection stickers) thinks the vibration is not too bad and that it's probably engine mounts....to me however it still seems to vibrate significantly more than it should.

All that to say I replaced the spark plugs....they were definitely due for a change but that did not solve the vibration at idle. I guess I'm on to CCV next? Or any other spots you would suggest after replacing intake boots, doing the DISA, cleaning ICV, and swapping plugs?

I may just go to get a Foxwell scanner and bump the idle RPM to 750 since the vibration goes away at that level....even though I know that probably masks whatever the underlying issue may be (though if it truly is motor mounts then it wouldn't be a engine running problem)
I have a similar issue with mine. I bumped the idle up and that took care of most of it, but when stopped and in drive the rpm's drop low enough that it vibrates. I've taken to pushing it into neutral to avoid the annoyance.

Sponsored Links