View Single Post
Old 02-01-2019, 04:12 PM

Syncro325Is is on a distinguished road
ABS Module failure, issue coding module

Hello all,

First of all, thanks for the add! I did a brief search but did not come up with anything.

Long story short, I purchased a 2000 x5 4.4l for $600. You can already imagine the condition of said x5. Anyway, somehow at some point the PO cut the rubber seal on the ABS Control module plug, letting water into the pins and shorting things out.

I went to the yard, pulled a module and a harness and repaired my harness's corroded pinouts with the donor harness. bolted the module back in place and plugged the harness back in.

I am most familiar with autologic, from when I was a tech. Recoding the module does not work. So my thought was that even though technically all the abs modules are the same, they would each have different programming based on the model of the car and its options. Autologic gives me the option to pull programming from the old unit to reprogram the newer unit.

Herein lies the problem. I get no comms with the old unit because the power feeds were the main pins that shorted out.

So, Does anyone have any suggestions or possibly the chassis. basic number and program number that I could plug in manually?

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links