View Single Post
Old 02-13-2019, 05:19 PM

rwm514 is on a distinguished road
I own an E53 again! Pics included

Just bought a 2004 4.4i in Phoenix. I've always loved the older X5's and had a 2003 4.6is quite a few years back that I loved. This 2004 really surprised me by how nice it still was and how great the ride, steering and power was for an older vehicle.
I couldn't resist the low price and bought it without considering it too much. It seems to be in excellent condition. Unfortunately the seller had just bought it himself to flip. Supposedly it came from the second owner who took really good care of it. I actually am going to try to contact the 2nd owner since his name was still on the title.
Anyways I'm hoping to fix up the current issues and keep this as it seems like such a great BMW.
The issues i've identified so far include...
*Brake lining warning, Pads seem fine tho so hoping to just bypass the sensor.
*Some mild suspension noises, pops etc when shifting weight from side to side.
*Rear passenger door will not open from inside or outside
*MID needs repair, only about half of pixels showing
*Interior Driver door handle not attached well up front
*Headlights mildly fogged/hazy, not sure what's the best solution
*Angel eyes don't seem to work although maybe I just don't know how to turn them on.

Being from phoenix, it has zero corrosion although the heat and sun do seem to be hard on plastics and clear coat.
Any advice on where to start or what you would do first as far as maintenance goes. Oil seems freshly changed, I'm thinking of taking a look at the cooling system first and then maybe a transmission fluid change. It is a bit abrupt on the shifts especially in sport mode. Glad to be back on xoutpost!

Sponsored Links