View Single Post
Old 02-27-2019, 08:34 AM

amancuso is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purplefade View Post
I am the second owner of my 05 4.4i.

She was built in April and I bought her with 47k on the clock, she now has 113k on her and is still going strong. Mine is a daily driver as well and has had the front thrust arms done, a handful of window regulator clips, both front door handle carriers replaced an expansion tank, water pump with stint (before it actually failed and filled the valley pan), all coolant hoses, ccv done (a couple of times), trans t-stat replaced when I did the hoses and water pump, plugs, performance coils installed, vanos o-rings, valve cover and timing cover gaskets, belts and both belt tensioners, t-stat, break lines (rusted through at driver floor board), fuel filter, trans bridge seal and 4 pickup tubes with full fluid change. I also changed the fluids in the front and rear diffs to synthetic and did a full transfer case flush and fill as well. Majority was actually preventative if you can believe that, but at 100k... I didn’t want to end up a statistic on the side of the road.

I am still tickled pink with mine - though my wife try’s daily to pursued me to “replace it with something more practical”... I figure I’ll leave “practical” to someone else and keep driving my X for as long as she keeps running!’

I love driving this thing so much that I am actually strongly considering buying a “good used” engine and starting a full rebuild with plans for forced induction! I probably do the engine myself and I have a guy here local that is a magician with trannys so I figure I’ll leave that end to him.

Body is still in excellent condition as is the interior minus a crack in my passenger door trim and console:-( but hey, all in all that’s pretty minor.

Sent from my iPhone using Xoutpost.com
How is an SUV/SAV not practical? 4 doors for people and a nice loading hatch for stuff.

Sponsored Links