View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 10:08 AM

Qsilver7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwynn View Post
When the right side hits zero there will be close to 1 gallon left but since lots of fuel goes in circles that will go a lot quicker than the engine consumes it.
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Andrew...if I'm not mistaken...shouldn't the OP's OBC TEST 6 be showing 0.0 liters of gas on the left side in the scenario presented?

My thinking was that the left value (listed) in TEST 6 will go to zero first (fuel gauge should register around 1/2 tank)...then the right value then starts to go to zero.

If the OP has 1/4 tank of fuel left in the tank...TEST 6 should be showing 0.0 on the left side...and 0.7 on the right side.

Question to TallJames...does the left value (of TEST 6) ever change? If not, then perhaps something is wrong with the left fuel level sensor, too. And when you go to the 3rd screen of TEST 6...what "PHASE" is it giving?
  • PHASE 1 - regular computing method by way of sensors (both sensors OK)
  • PHASE 2 - calculation in progress from TKVA signal (sensor faulted)
  • PHASE 3 - fuel tank contents can not be computed, fuel gauge reads 0 (at least one sensor is faulted)
Example of TEST 6's 3rd screen:
Attached Images

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
  • 2015 f06 650ix GC (Moonstone exterior/Cohiba brown Merino Leather interior)
  • 2014 f15 X5 50i (Space Gray exterior/Mocha Nappa Leather interior)

Last edited by Qsilver7; 03-11-2019 at 09:10 AM.

Sponsored Links