View Single Post
Old 03-07-2019, 08:38 PM
Premier Member

bcredliner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
bcred... (first off, I'm NOT disputing your knowledge, but asking if you know if there are two potential Dinan CAI kits to buy?) when I bought the Dinan CAI, it came with the rubber boot to connect the CAI box to my MAF. the ruber boot was NOT the same diameter on both ends, hence its a reducer, but why would Dinan sell the rubber boot reducer with the CAI box IF in theory it is supposed to connect to a Dinan MAF, which I'm told has a larger body/connection diameter than the non-Dinan MAF's.
Is there a different rubber boot I can buy that fits both the Dinan CAI box outlet and a Dinan MAF and then since the Dinan MAF has a larger body on the other end too, there must be a larger diameter tube that connects from the Dinan sized MAF to the Dinan TB, No?

just trying to find out why the CAI came with a reducing boot instead of a boot that would have been too large, on one end, for the non-Dinan MAF on a 4.4i.... any help/discussion is appreciated/welcomed, please.
I don't have the 05 catalog. My input is based on the 2002 catalog. At that time there was only one cold air system that was for both the 4.4 and 4.6.

I am about to do some spring cleaning and more engine mods. I just took the engine covers off so I took some pictures for you. It shows where there are sleeves and direct connections to the Dinan airbox, MAF and throttle body.

If you don't have the tubing you need you may be able to find flexible turbo tubing at Summit Racing or Jegs that will work. The key is as much of a smooth flow from the airbox to the throttle body. Dinan does extensive research and testing before introducing products. I'm sure the taper from airbox to the MAF is not a negative. I would not try to improve upon their stock design.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links