View Single Post
Old 03-11-2019, 11:59 PM

PropellerHead is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
Thanks for sharing Prop. As OB said, always nice to follow your travel exploits with your daughter.
Well, good! I do like to hear that you guys enjoy travelling along with me. I like having ya'll around.

Our stop midway between Norfolk and Charlotte was really not to revisit UNC. But, the really pish poshy hotel on campus was having a construction sale so there we were, smack dab in the middle of it. It was actually really fun. The place was the kind of place that takes reservations for afternoon tea. They come by to freshen linens and turn down your beds.
My daughter roamed the halls and the workout center with much to report.
So, like any good college town, the square is the place to be. This pizza place offered the 'Carolina Slice" (Do take note of the water. We're both staying strong.)
And of course, like any good college town, the beer I still love is silly, stupid cheap. There is something just wrong about pizza and water. But I'm in it.
The square affords the chance for the rivalry to shine through long after the Sunday afternoon hours.
I like the shirts. But I'm a sucker for word play.
The evening afforded a moment with some ice cream, a fire, and some water. Then there was this pic that turned out really trippy. I mean, like.. who is she? and what's she want with me?
The morning allowed that we'd return to a neat lunch place after morning coffee in the sunroom. (that last part you kinda have to read through your teeth with a stiff upper lip kinda tone). But the place was southern and the chicken looked good. It was.
Just a hop skip and a jump from UNC is the target of our next campus visit and the target of the biggest rivalry these folks believe exists anywhere: Duke University. We had no idea what to expect. But we found a few steps in that we were impressed by what we saw...
Duke appears to have a more intellectual approach to the rivalry.
Minutes later...
We might've made the million dollar mistake by taking this visit, but I will admit that it was nice. Lots of levers need to be pulled to get that kinda stash thrown at an undergrad. She'll need to dig deep and be determined to get it done.

Like this guy. Avus blue on ivory E36 sedan. Manual tranny and a baby seat in the back. That there is the kinda guy I wanna meet one day. Shake his hand, and let my daughter tell his what she's in for.
But here we are in Charlotte. We're chillin in Uptown tomorrow. I will look for a quarter wash to freshen 'er up before my wife sees her. After that, I think it's Spartanburg. But we're open to anything. Time- and some miles... Will tell! One more day 'till we're THREE!

Sponsored Links