View Single Post
Old 03-12-2019, 07:43 PM

balx5 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidneyj View Post
I replaced mine a couple months ago and it was by far one of the easiest parts to replace I've done. I think you need about 6 rivets and you're good to go. There are how to's all over you tube. Basically you remove the rear drivers side flare, wheel liner and you'll see the pump in the upper rear left corner. The rest is self explanatory. Get the Bosch part off amazon it's the EXACT same part as the genuine OE BMW part. Trust me when I say if I can do it anyone can! I mean that in the most literal sense!
Thanks, just what I needed. I installed the running board about 17 years ago on this 2002 and I may still have some of the plastic rivets laying around. I assume I need to get the rivet tool as well. The install looks pretty simple at least from the parts and what people have done on the E70 and X3 just thanks for the confirmation of the E53 location and replacement.

'07 3.0 X5 Silver - SP/Prem/Nav/M-Steering/Running board/3rd row/Areodynamic kit/Fender Flare Arches/214 wheels *** SOLD ***

Sponsored Links