View Single Post
Old 03-28-2019, 08:25 AM

Qsilver7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by LVR View Post
...It has a red TPMS light on all of the time and no other lights or codes. ... Air suspension works fine and is levelling straight away at start up

Any thoughts?

Have you checked each tire's pressure to determine if one or more of the tires is low? Just to clarify...the TPMS and the SLS (self leveling system) are two different things and have two different warning lights.

What type of TPMS system do you have? Do you have the type with sensors in each wheel (RDC/direct)...or do you the Flat Tire monitoring system that uses the ABS brake sensors (RPA/indirect) system?

If you have the RDC/direct system...the sensors are powered by a battery inside of them. If you have a TPMS warning light on...and all of the tires have the same pressure (one is not lower than the recommendation on the door jamb label etc)...then I'd look at how old the sensors are. It may be time to replace them if their battery has started to give up.

SLS Warning Light:

Flat Tire System (TPMS)

Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
  • 2015 f06 650ix GC (Moonstone exterior/Cohiba brown Merino Leather interior)
  • 2014 f15 X5 50i (Space Gray exterior/Mocha Nappa Leather interior)

Last edited by Qsilver7; 03-28-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Sponsored Links