View Single Post
Old 03-29-2019, 06:11 AM

Mark H is on a distinguished road
I dont know where the CAS modules are in it, I would be interested to know!

I don't actually think the leak is due to blocked drains (although it might be), more likely the sunroof wasn't sealed properly and allowed water in, so I don't know where the water has gone, although there is a good chance a load has gone in the passenger (left) footwell. I have now realigned the sunroof by simply pushing it up from inside, and pulled down the interior lights and disconnected the sunroof plug so it can't be operated, although I am generally the only driver anyway.

I had the day off yesterday so had a look into it, I did pull the rear panels in the boot (trunk) and expected some water but there wasn't any. However, it has been dry for the last two weeks since the major leak, and I am still waiting to see if I get any water ingress from the next shower, and will check this area again when it has rained. I have poured water over the car and the roof doesn't seem to be leaking now.

Whilst I was looking over the car, I pulled all of the fuses relating to the locking systems as per the fuse card, and all were ok. I went back indoors then an hour or so later had to do the school run, and on getting to the car wishfully pressed the unlock on the remote and it worked! So I tried the comfort access on the door handle and it worked! I tried the keyless start and it worked! FANTASTIC!

However, I drove to the school, got out the car and it key fob nor CA worked, and now seems to be intermittent (although more often not working). Comfort access hasn't worked again since!

I understand that the central locking and comfort access systems are different, but there must be something common that they both use (FRM) that has been affected. This one off succesfull use of the CA and key fob, shows that both do work ie the key fob is ok, the door handles are ok etc. Anything else I can try?

Sponsored Links