View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 12:38 PM

Roy32 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowz View Post
Your going to need a scan tool to diagnose it since the compressor is controlled by the dme.

If its not happy it wont come on. To turn on initially it requires the pressure on the pressure sensor and a good aux fan circuit. I say good because the fan can be fried but it has to be plugged in. If the dme doesn't see the fan it wont turn on the compressor. The fan can be bad as in doesn't spin but it has to see the fan.

That part is a bit hard to call since a non spinning fan can be caused from it not being plugged in which will cause the compressor to not be turned on.

The fan can be fried in a way that makes it not show up to the dme thus no compressor engagement.

But the fan can be fried but in a way that shows up to the dme as plugged in but not functioning which in that case it will turn on the compressor.

So a scan tool is pretty much required.
I was able to scan my car with INPA today, and didnt have any relevant codes. Only codes for my Mass Air in the DME and no codes in the IHKA.

Since my fan spins when I disconnect the AC pressure sensor, would you agree that the circuit is good enough for the DME to see it? It doesnt seem to spin on first startup as a "self check" though, but I would think there would be a code stored if the DME couldn't see it.

I guess my next step is checking refrigerant pressures. Anyone in North NJ have a set of gauges?

Sponsored Links