View Single Post
Old 04-17-2019, 02:43 PM

blaubenz is on a distinguished road
I would said it could be releated to the work you done.

First check a few easy things first. Is the outdoor temperature about 60 deg f (a lot of European cars a/c will not turn on unless is is about 60 deg). But on the my e53 the ac light will come on regardless.

2. is the vent knob in the center vent turn to cool (or blue). The center counter vent "temp control" can over ride the digital control. I freak out once when I had the digital tem control on 80 and the vent will still blows cool before I realized it was set to cool (or blue).

But assuming this is not it. I would look at the thing you did perhaps you disconcerted something by mistake that would be my guess. I would spend some time look at the area I do work to make sure everything is in place.

because

So it work before

and now the the clutch would not engage and the a/c light will not come on. If you are low on freon you clutch still will engage and the a/c light will come on. Unless you are zero on freon. by way it is not freon it the 134a stuff.

And I would check to see I have some freon in the system as one of my first to do.

Sponsored Links