View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 01:50 PM

andrewwynn will become famous soon enough
06 4.4i no fuel pressure

27 is Max reading on right tank so indications are an open or a short (whichever causes max).

I'm having a problem where my left sender unit is reading erroneously so I ran out of gas when it stuck at 33L.

I believe you are having a similar problem but on the right sender.

Put in 10L or so of gas it should be enough to register 5L or so on the left. You can use test six as a fuel gauge until you fix the problem. For the last 1/3 of a tank the right gauge only contributes about 1.4L to the total so the left reading really is everything.

Open up right side, hook up the connector when you have the pump assembly out and test six running. Sweep the sensor arm and it should swing from 0-27L. You may see a broken wire on the resistance bar but I can't remember if open is high or low.

If the resistance bar is broken open and low is shorted just short out the wires until you fix it. You should get correct reading for the last 1/3 of a tank it will just never read much over half.

My gauge read about 7/16 tank when I ran out of gas but tank was so empty I could have gotten the remaining fuel out with six paper towels.

After I filled up the left side read only 28 and supposed to be 55 full. After I drove a bit it sprung up to 55. Right side 27. The gauge still read wrong until I reset with test 21.

Sponsored Links