View Single Post
Old 05-10-2019, 05:34 PM

Qsilver7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by minesapasty View Post
I changed fuse 131 with the 5 amp in the bank of spares, that's why the clock and date had reset..... but as it happens, I do have loads of spare fuses, so trying another is no problem
Why do you keep referring to fuse 131 and its 5amp fuse? As you've stated...it's has a fuse with the correct amperage plugged into that location.

It is fuse #130 that we keep asking why isn't there a 15amp fuse in that location? Your fuse index indicates that it serves the OBD II socket and you've told us that there is no fuse there...as well as telling us your OBD II socket isn't communicating.

The suggestion to insert a 15 amp fuse seems to be something you are fighting NOT to do...why? It doesn't matter if someone removed it or who that person was at this point...we are trying to find out why the OBD II socket isn't working and at this point...it doesn't make sense that the 15 amp fuse isn't in location #130. As previously asked...are there metal contacts in fuse #130's location? If yes, then it is wired for a fuse to be there. It will either work or not work...but at least this suggestion can be removed from the list as possible culprits.

The fuse locations with a dash (-) means that no fuse is suppose to be there. But if you may not have a fuse in a location if your BMW isn't optioned with the feature that that position powers. So this could leave empty fuse locations, too.
Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
  • 2015 f06 650ix GC (Moonstone exterior/Cohiba brown Merino Leather interior)
  • 2014 f15 X5 50i (Space Gray exterior/Mocha Nappa Leather interior)

Sponsored Links