View Single Post
Old 05-12-2019, 04:23 PM

Qsilver7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by EODguy View Post
My gulf edition seems different than normal (heat exposure?) but I don't see gulf glass as a separate set of part numbers...

Thanks

Sent from my SM-A730F using Tapatalk
Based on your VIN, you have the S358A (climate comfort windshield) and S252 (double insulated glass). There is no special Gulf glass.

The Gulf option package just wraps up specs that are required for the region and makes sure the vehicle meets the requirement...like the correct license plate holders, program the IHKA for "hot climate", etc. I can't find anything that says what is specifically included in the gulf package...but the aforementioned is the gist.

Some other examples...the Australian market requires mud flaps as standard equipment. The US market requires additional knee padding (so the lower dash parts are different for this market vs Euro markets). And again, depending on your market, there are approx 3 or 4 different types of license plate holders for front and/or rear...so those little things and other Envorionmental or country specific requirements are wrapped up in "packages'.
Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
  • 2015 f06 650ix GC (Moonstone exterior/Cohiba brown Merino Leather interior)
  • 2014 f15 X5 50i (Space Gray exterior/Mocha Nappa Leather interior)

Sponsored Links