View Single Post
Old 05-16-2019, 12:10 PM

X5M-ISH is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by snik View Post
Holy shit.
Indeed. I knew this buying the truck. During the test drive with the PO I told him flat out that “the brakes are shit” and used that (and a few other things) to haggle on price. Though, the backside of the rotors are worse which I didn’t see at first. Irrespective, I knew this would be dealt with soon with new parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
Keep an eye on the calipers for sure. Also, where did you find Super Blue? I thought the feds outlawed colored brake fluid.
Can't beat a full brake setup with ceramic pads for the 4.8 for $230.
I am...I’ll rebuild those if they are pressing stupid. With all the new seals and a dremel this can be done in half a day with rebleeding..or maybe pick up some used rear calipers and swap them out.

Super blue can be had online. There are German and UK sellers with stock on hand. Occasionally you will find someone in the US selling it. Of course...you’re not breaking a federal law unless the feds arest you for it! On a more serious note, federal law requires brake fluid to be amber in color, no acceptions. Ate was selling super blue as a compliant fluid even though it obviously wasn’t. Being the stubborn Germans that they are they said ‘f this nonsense, we’re not changing or relabeling anything for the US government’. They very well can sell/market super blue as a race-online non-compliant brake fluid but don’t. Also, if you want you can dye your own brake fluid using a glycol friendly dye. It doesn’t take much.

Agreed. The price and quality is a no-brainer. Happy wrenching!

Last edited by X5M-ISH; 05-16-2019 at 12:25 PM.

Sponsored Links