View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 12:07 AM

CLS70 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlodeRoma View Post
Hello and thank you for your time.
I have been back to BMWs after a decade of Range Rover and boy, what a difference from my last beemer.
Anyway I have purchased on marketplace some BMW E70 roof bars, no booklet, stickers fell off but owner said were on his now sold E70. They look exactly like the stock ones, 2 key, a BMW allen key, flipping padlock etc. I know about the fins on the front one but:
It seems too wide by a single cm or so, the rubbers make the positioning very awkward and the claps that should cling to the roof rail doesn't grab it at all, so that when I start locking it just slips over.
That makes me think that it might have been for a different roof rack, maybe thinner? the part code on the rubber feet is E70-I VL or VR Left and Right)
Any Help greatly appreciated.

There are TWO versions of the Roof Bars, they look almost identical but they are not. I had the same issue as you and bought the wrong ones.

There is a version for X5s with 'Regular' roof rails, these have a sticker "E70" and attach to the taller/black roof rails.

There is a version for X5s with 'Individual' package roof rails, these have a sticker "E70 IND" - their feet are smaller and designed to attach to the lower profile roof rails.

The width of the IND is also slightly different (narrower) and will not fit or lock properly (!) on a Non-Individual roof rail.

Name:  $_86.JPG
Views: 559
Size:  75.0 KB

Last edited by CLS70; 05-23-2019 at 12:14 AM.

Sponsored Links