View Single Post
Old 06-01-2019, 11:52 AM

robnitro is on a distinguished road
Don't know about the 4.8 but the 35d does have a big drain for a few minutes when you open the doors because the e70 was programmed by a moron to run things that aren't needed without key in.
This was observed on a friend's e70 35d too. It's only for a few minutes like you have observed.
Friend's e60 doesn't drain this much and doesn't complain so much despite being barely driven..

My battery drain turned out to not be the drain but the ibs being OCD about voltage on my normal flooded battery. If you look up the ista diagnosis for battery charge level histogram, you will see that this is what it's complaining about, not an actual drain. The stupid thing is that I too was chasing a drain which ista showed didn't exist, but in fact was complaining about voltage/charge level. Flooded batteries have a lower resting voltage level than agm.

It was happening for me even with a brand new flooded battery that tested well. It was less often but it still happened. Crazy...

I think they never programmed the proper expected voltages for flooded batteries even when it was coded as such. So if you are not running an agm, this could be your issue. I replaced with an agm battery, coded to agm 90ah and haven't had messages since.

Sponsored Links