View Single Post
Old 06-08-2019, 03:40 PM
Premier Member

bcredliner is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by X5M-ISH View Post
I had a high output puller on my turbo Integra Type R. To state frankly, the electric fan will be around the same db or LOUDER than an OEM fan. The fan I had pulled a lot of CFM through an all aluminum racing radiator so the sound level was very noticeable.

Also, I had a secondary manual override on/off switch in the event the temp switch failed.
Have no idea what CFM or noise level of a fan for an Integra but fan I have is noticeably louder than stock X5 4.6 mechanical fan at idle. I don't care about the noise, features and benefits of an electric fan far out weigh even if I had any concern about the noise. Never found any specs on mechanical fan output and would be related to engine RPM rather than an electric fan that is at peak or off. I used SPAL usage specs for a 600-800HP engine.

Fan has been in place several years now without any issues other than replacing two controllers, have never needed an on/off switch. I have it wired to run after the engine is off and key removed to prevent heat soak. In the Texas summers it cycles two or three times for less than a minute. With the dial temp controller I can set it to come at at various temperatures. Other than when I know I will be using nitrous I have it set to come on just before the stock electric fan engages. For me the decision to go to an electric fan was primarily to get back the engine performance the clutch fan uses.

Last edited by bcredliner; 06-08-2019 at 03:59 PM.

Sponsored Links