View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 02:37 AM

AlexMusoX5 is on a distinguished road
BMW X5 E53 Sat Nav Screen Fault?

Hey Guys,

Just joined the forum and looking forward to catching up with all things BMW. I've got a very tidy 2005 Carbon Black X5 (E53) 3.0 D sport which I rather like but its developed a curious fault with the built in 16:9 Sat Nav Screen (Mk3 or 4 - not sure how to confirm which) which intermittently flickers/flashes off for less that a second and then is fine again. No systems are interrupted so music or radio continues to work and respond and the Sat Nav continues to guide. Often you just catch it flicker/blink out of the corner of your eye - blink and you'll miss it kind of speed. I've removed the unit and checked the ribbon cables and attempted to clean both those as well as any other electrical connections, and also gone in the boot and attempted to 'waggle' any cables from the DVD drive etc to try and force it to flicker but I've not had any luck narrowing down the issue. The only other thing I've noticed that although the Digital TV feature attempts to find channels nothing is found. Just wondered of anyone had any suggestions? Could it simply need a new screen/unit or could it be something like the TV tuner which I believe everything goes through before it reaches the screen? Really appreciate any advice!

Cheers,
Alex

Sponsored Links