View Single Post
Old 06-23-2019, 06:04 AM

snik is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thelittlefatguy View Post
Hi. Thanks for the reply.

My thought initially. But I dont know what would trigger trans. Failsafe, Im not an expert on automatics in general, but understand them on a basic level.

Another question.

How is the solenoid triggered?

If the solenoid is triggered by 12v, or ground for that matter. How sensetive is the solenoid for a possible voltage drop?, say if the 12v supply has been slighty damaged? Maybe 5v, but you get the idea.

Battery is brand new, and car starts up with no issue, even when it has been sitting for 2 weeks, when im travling at work

It may not give you fail safe.
I had my valve body rebuilt on my 6HP tranny. They said the solenoid and the pressure regulator cylinder bore was all worn out.
It would throw a code for TC stuck open and closed. What would happen is if accelerate and the TC wouldn't unlock on command. It would throw a Service light and the code from the TCM was torque converter stuck open and close.

Some times it would do it. And it notice the higher rpm cruising and it would not give a service light on the dash. Then later in the day, it would appear.

So I'd say you should 100% have a code, at least with the TCM.
I don't know the solenoid voltage but they seem to go bad all the time. If it's just a lazy slow reacting solenoid. Maybe you won't have a hard code?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links