Thread: Nav question
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 11:43 AM

Qsilver7 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by 67's View Post
I just bought my son a 2010 X5, can anyone tell me how to update the Nav? I have been looking on ebay, and I don't see update discks for this model/year.

Thanks,
Tom M
Hmmm...I'm not sure what a 2010 e70 X5 would have in regards to the navigation set-up. Do you already use a DVD map disk or do you have the next iteration that uses maps uploaded to the hardrive? Knowing what you already have can be helpful in getting correct suggestions/answers/etc. Between 2009-2011 the navigation systems were changing from disc versions to hardrive versions...so that info needs to be made clear for us to help you better.

You'll need to provide more information. Do you have an existing DVD map disc? If yes, get the 11 digit BMW part number that should be on the disc's label...then type "BMW xx xx x xxx xxx" into a google, eBay, or AMazon.com search box to find the correct map discs. Make sure the part number is compatible...because the e53 and other models prior to the e70 used DVD map discs that were similar but incompatible. If you shop using the correct 11 digit BMW part number...you can cut down on ordering/buying the wrong part.

If you have an owners manual...that could also help show you were the USB interface is located for updating data (not music files). Look in the back index for either USB or glove box. That might help you determine if your 2010 X5 has the USB data interface in the glovebox or not. Again, if you have Nav discs in your DVD drive or in the owners manual binder...then that is what you need vs upgrading software through a USB stick.

BTW...if you do use DVD discs...they may no longer be available. For example, my 2006 e53 X5 uses a DVD map...and the last iteration disc was 2015...BMW no longer supports the e53 nav systems.
Become a BMW CCA member! Click HERE to join and feel free to use my BMW CCA member #191509 as a referral.
  • 2015 f06 650ix GC (Moonstone exterior/Cohiba brown Merino Leather interior)
  • 2014 f15 X5 50i (Space Gray exterior/Mocha Nappa Leather interior)

Last edited by Qsilver7; 06-29-2019 at 11:53 AM.

Sponsored Links