View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 09:20 AM

SlickGT1 is on a distinguished road
[SOLVED] Ignition switch or clockspring slipring SOLVED

SOLVED. ignition switch. Took it apart and just as the sun settled, I realized I had a perfect file set. Cleaned each of the 6 contacts. File fit perfect. Put it back together. No more messages everything works perfect.

At same time I suffered a loose hose clamp on power steering reservoir. WTF. I personally swapped all the hoses about 4 years ago. Must have loosened a bit. Was significantly lose. Anyway. Added CHF11s. Cleaned the steering U joint, and gave it a solid dose of lube. All good now.
=========================================

Few days ago I get and airbag light on my dash. I think nothing of this. I sometimes get random shit for passenger seat occupancy. Usually goes away on its own in a couple of min. This time, it stayed on. It’s fine, I get Inpa fired up, and get a supply voltage too low error on driver airbag.

Reset, go for a ride, light turns on again within a block. But this time I notice that my steering wheel lights go out, and I have no function control. No phone, volume, nothing.

As I turn the wheel, the lights on wheel come on, and go out with every turn. A good smack on wheel also gets the lights to turn on occasionally.

I also have a few thousand stored error codes for multifunction steering wheel connectivity.

So I’m leaning toward a shot clock spring. Wanted to get advice before I click the checkout button.

2017 F85 x5m, Black on Red. BEAST MODE

"The older we grow the greater becomes our wonder at how much ignorance one can contain without bursting one's clothes." - Mark Twain

Unlock OBC post 5

Last edited by SlickGT1; 07-14-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Sponsored Links