View Single Post
Old 07-07-2019, 11:38 AM

Muzimak is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by ard View Post
For all we know your particle filter might have been fine....it might be the 'mechanic' read the standard 'DPF life warning' that is trigger at 1xx,000 miles and decided *that* must be the issue. SO he gutted it, ruining it.

Now, after you get the car coded, are you confident it will be running great?

And, BTW- $425 for coding something like this is nothing these days.

Finally, what ELSE has he hacked out of the car?
Well not being a technical person about cars it sounded like an easy job when he explained to me. He removed the messed up turbo, showed it to me and compared it to a working one, took it to another company that deals mainly with Turbo Refurbs, got it back and showed me again and it looked proper. Then he installed it. All seemed well until I hit the road, at this point there was no power at all, then he said the turbo could've affected the DPF and also Blocked the Exhaust. Then he gutted the rear centre box of on the exhaust emptied it and gutted the DPF and did the same. Now the car gained power but only for like 10min drive then the DPF Malfunction Error would kick in and lose power once more. That's when he said unfortunately he doesn't do Tuning, that step requires that. So before I mess up more I decided to refer here first what my next move should be. Also I notice the change in exhaust sound after all this was done, it's got a small "Drill Noise" coming out, he said that's because after we gutted these parts, we can now hear the Turbo clearly, is this any good?

Sponsored Links