View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 04:36 PM

bandit4x4 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by bandit4x4 View Post
Well I have this great new mod... it reduces my annual mileage...

I drop X5d off to dealer.. and the dealer give me a loaner and they keep my SUV for weeks yes WEEKS...... I never hear anything, I don't bother them about it because I do not care.

During this current go, I have logged 1200 miles on the loaner (3 weeks).

Previously to this visit, I dropped X5 off, dealer had it for a month, confirmed engine was consuming too much oil and started a "1000 Mile Oil Consumption test", and like magic, as I refueled at 1009 miles, the Test completed and two codes appeared.

Frankly I am of the opinion that US dealerships have NO clue how to work on the diesel engines/Emission systems, Lack of training and general low brow-ish not giving a two craps.

The evening of 7/8, dropped it back off to dealership.. and they are completely replacing the DPF system... apparently the BMW engineer came down from up on high, spend the day on vehicle and told them what to fix...

Today, provided they give it back to me, I toss a fresh set of 19” rims and tires on it.

Another item I will be doing is X5M transmission pan mod with new crossover seals, fluids, etc...

Have had a lovely 2019 X5 loaner for about 1200 miles... great vehicle... arguably the best way to test drive something... lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sponsored Links