View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 03:57 PM

BimmerBreaker is on a distinguished road
I found the procedure in ISTA to be pretty confusing personally, the one in INPA was pretty simple for me

Use the manual controller in INPA to adjust the ride height then go outside with a ruler and measure the heights
When they are at the factory specs, go to calibrate in INPA, (then hit calibrate again from that screen to bring up the actual calibration menu) then input 0 for everything

That's all you have to do to set the ride height in INPA

As far as setting INPA up - really any K+DCAN cable is fine. If you will be working on newer and older BMW's, get a cable that has the switch built in (this switch bridges pin 7 and 8, which need to be bridged on some BMW models and not others, depending on year)

In INPA, you can also manually power the compressor on to test it. There is also an EHC2 module test you can do. It will also show you what the ride height level sensors are showing (it is possible one of the height level sensor arms is binding at a bad angle, happened to my friend's E39 with SLS when he had it jacked it up for a few days)

ISTA should also be free to download if you choose ISTA instead of INPA. ISTA is much slower, but it does have many more things built in (DIS, SSS, Progman, etc, all were essentially rolled into ISTA) and works on the newer cars (up to current generation) though you need an "ICOM" unit to realize this full functionality of ISTA

Sponsored Links