View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 09:35 AM

semcoinc is on a distinguished road
I fitted my factory NAV, non-DSP, E53 with an early Eonon unit of 1GB RAM. This amount of RAM was pathetic in performance. My diagnostics showed that I was regularly using nearly 80% of RAM available. IMHO, 2GB is an acceptable level and the 4GB RAM PX5 board that I retrofitted to my Eonon is even better. Everything is extremely snappy in response and performance.

Only the factory NAV equipped units require the 6m cable to connect to the tuner cable near the battery. Routing this cable, IMHO, is by far the most painful and difficult part of a head unit upgrade for the factory NAV equipped vehicles.

I just updated my iBus app to 2.1.3.1 and all I can say is that it is an absolutely essential piece of gear (hardware stick and software) to allow Android head unit upgrades to recapture the features of the Board Computer and also allows a ton of extra functionality to be harnessed (including mild light, PCM and door locking coding).

PS: Upgrading all the speakers and adding a separate sub amp driving a retrofitted factory sub, in the rear panel behind the fuel fill opening, has increased my enjoyment of this system immeasurably. It is now, by far, the best sound system, to my ears, of all my vehicles.

Enjoy.

Mike

Mike
Dallas, TX & Appleton, WI
2003 E53 4.4i Pearl Beige
2003 E46 330Xi Monaco Blue
2007 E90 335Xi Black Sapphire Metallic
2011 F25 X3 28i Black Sapphire Metallic

Sponsored Links