View Single Post
Old 08-15-2019, 11:17 AM

Attacking Mid is on a distinguished road
Thanks! Yeah, when I was searching for an e53, blue was my second choice to white. I also much prefer these 17" wheels to the common base 5 spoke wheels. Blue paint is vulnerable to sun, however, and I've got some damage to fix. I don't want to mess with a full re-paint, but I need to re-paint the hood (clearcoat peel) and the bumper covers (fading). That project is in cue behind several others at the moment.

One reason I opted for an e53 was to be able to pull a bigger camper than what we currently have. While it handled our 3K lb. popup well, I'm concerned that the 3.0 will struggle a bit pulling, say, a 5K lb. hardside trailer. Perhaps if I just resolve to drive no faster than about 60mph it could work.

I was REALLY pleased with how the X-drive system handled the soft sand. We watched several similar AWD vehicles get stuck, but the X-drive system did a great job of powering the wheels through it. Even my niece's Grand Cherokee gave us a bit of a scare before barely managing to pull itself out of its own way.

AM.
E46 1999 2.8 M52TU 5MT Black with Tan Leather 250K+ miles (Sold, but not forgotten)

Sponsored Links