View Single Post
Old 09-20-2019, 11:54 AM

ucsbwsr is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc Hunter View Post
Good advice from most.

ARD, are your eh same ARD on the Porsche boards? Just curious, its an unusual name.

I dont want to go wider, I am wide enough. My aftermarket wheels give me some clearance to the control arms. I don't remember their measurements right now. I just want to go taller on the tires to Gainesville some sidewall. I know some have gone taller sidewalls on stock suspension and lifted. By my eyeballs the tallest part of the tire front to back never gets below the fender liners, meaning we would all be limited in front relatively similarly, lowered or not. It woudl be in front, wheels turned and they rub the fenders if the tire is too tall.

I was hoping someone here had gone taller on stock or lowered suspension and had some experience to post their results. As for how low, I am on KWV3’s and as low as they can go in back, and then the car is set to a level ride heigh from there. It’s not really that low.
Can you post some pics of your X5? I run KW on all my other BMWs and am considering them for my X5D, curious to see how low "lowest" is and also, how is the ride quality at your ride height?

Regarding tire size, as you can see in my post above a 45/21 won't clear the upper control arm, a 40/21 will. You can look up the rolling diameter of those Continental tires and plug it into a fitment calculator such as www.willtheyfit.com to get an idea how other brand/size/aspect ratio tires will fit. Now if it will rub since you are lowered that is a different question and something you are going to have to figure out on your own, the easy solution is to raise your X5 if it rubs.

Once my Michelin PSSs die I plan to run a 325/45/21 and 285/40/21 tire. I think it should work no problem with my stock non-sport suspension but I plan to lower a tad with Eibach springs up front and coding the rear to remove any excessive gap. KWs are the backup if the ride quality isn't up to par.

I will be a helpful reference for you once this is executed but in the meantime you can use the info from my research thus far on what will fit and translate that to your situation with KWs and aftermarket wheels.

Evan

Sponsored Links