View Single Post
Old 09-21-2019, 02:19 PM

lkv0315 is on a distinguished road
D.I.Y Race Stack

So like most people my greatest ideas come while in the shower. I have recently been looking for an ELM327 OBDII with Bluetooth 4.0 so that it will work with my iPhone, but the two so far that I’ve tried have both said “Bluetooth 4.0” but have been 1.5 instead. I found that ones without Bluetooth functionality, like being wired through a USB are much cheaper. Another problem is, I’d be staring at my phone, which is the tiniest bit illegal. And no, I don’t have the money to buy an actual stack cluster or a Cobb Accessport.

So my grand thought was, “What if I could mirror it to my Head Unit? (My kenwood has the ability to hdmi mirror)” My mind immediately went to a device some may be familiar with called the Raspberry Pi, specifically the Pi zero for its compact size, they are extremely customizable, so I could softer in a single USB port and a hdmi port, plug the OBDII telemetry reader into the USB, hdmi into the head unit, and boom, I can see all my engine stats. If this is completely absurd and or absolute overkill, someone please let me know before I go on with this and waste a lot of time. Or if you have an extremely cost effective way of seeing such data while driving in an at least somewhat legal way, that would be appreciated too. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Xoutpost.com

Sponsored Links