View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 12:58 PM

crystalworks is on a distinguished road
The BMW specific codes will be stored regardless of any warning lights. Autozone only has access to the OBD2 codes thrown or pending.

Try to find a scan tool or maybe pay an independent whatever it costs to scan it and get a full print out. Might be your only options at this point. You can then go into the dealer who sold it with a printout of the error codes.

When I recently purchased a 535d for my father at a small dealer out of state we drove out there and I brought my Carly dongle and Foxwell. Was able to point out some errors before purchase that the dealer corrected (low refrigerant in AC system and something else). No warning lights were thrown by these errors. Dealer recharged and corrected other issue and we drove the ~1300 miles home. Turned out to be a leak in the condenser which we split the cost of replacing here because the low refrigerant issue was known before sale. It's a used car so we couldn't/wouldn't ask them to pay for the entire repair cost. They might refuse to pay any of it. Dealer was good about it splitting though, didn't hesitate, and we gave them a great review.

^Again, none of that helps you unfortunately. Fingers crossed for you the dealer is willing to try to find out what the problem is and help you at least get the vehicle derivable home. Does the dealer in question have good google/yelp reviews? If so, it might help to gently mention their reviews as the reason you went with them and that you were also planning to leave a similar review after the purchase. Don't say you are going to blast them or anything, just mention that you had planned on leaving reviews following the purchase. In this day and age... internet reviews can be very important to a business.

2006 X5 4.8is Build 11/05 Maintenance/Build Log
Nav, DSP, Pano, Running Boards, OEM Tow Hitch, Cold Weather Pckg (Purchased 08/15 w/ 90,500 miles)

2010 X5 35d Build 02/10
Nav, HiFi, 6 DVD, Sports Pckg, Cold Weather Pckg, HUD, CAS, Running Boards, Leather Dash, PDC, Pano (Purchased 03/17 w/ 136,120 miles)

Sponsored Links