View Single Post
Old 09-29-2019, 06:21 PM

Haneifk is on a distinguished road
Sophisticated redneck,
thank you for your help! If they don't take the car back I'll start going thru those when I get it home and hopefully that'll fix it. I do all my own work and have some experience with BMW so hopefully it won't end up costing a ton.

Ard,
yes I bought it without an inspection and yes that was really stupid of me. Probably one of the dumbest things I've ever done The warranty is a full powertrain warranty (but maybe I'm being naieve? I've never had to use a warranty before so I don't know) saying it covers everything inside the engine/trans/diff/drive shaft etc for the 3mo/3k mile

Also I found a shop that had a scan tool and found 2f24(charge air, cooling system) and 30ff (pressure control boost) going to start researching those now

Also a friend of a friend is a lawyer here in Chicago and there's an addendum that I signed that would allow me to return the car if it has a powertrain issue in the first 15 days? So hopefully I'll have a case to return it.

Also Ard thank you for sharing this post. Much appreciated!

I'm so thankful for all your guys help!

Edit: from what I'm seeing online maybe a wastegate broke off? I'm having the same problem as this guy. "Engine malfunction: reduced power" Error comes on at highway speeds only. Goes off after car restart

https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...topics/1178497

Last edited by Haneifk; 09-29-2019 at 07:08 PM.

Sponsored Links