View Single Post
Old 10-23-2019, 10:35 AM

Boston01X5 is on a distinguished road
Has anyone programmed an ABS module using Foxwell NT520?

Hey guys,

Had the 3 lights on ABS, DSC, etc. Wanted traction control before winter hits. I replaced all wheel speed sensors, no change. Still getting codes for both front wheels, one wheel is implausible signal, other no signal.

So about 3 weeks ago I yanked the ABS module and found a local place called BBA Remanufacturing, and I dropped it off. Price was $175 and turn around time was supposed to be 2 to 4 days.

Ended up taking a week and half until it was "done". Picked it up, installed it, cleared codes, drove it, etc - no change, same codes, lights still on. So I yanked it again, dropped it off so they can recheck it. Been another week and a half, and they just told me it hasn't been looked at yet.. supposedly today or tomorrow. I have already spoken to a manager, and it didn't seem to help.

At this point I asked for a refund and they said before they can give me a refund (which they say takes 6 to 8 weeks to issue) a technician has to determine it can't be fixed.

I have a Foxwell NT520 bi-directional scanner. Has anyone used it to program a used module to their E53? I can get a module relatively cheap. I don't want to bring it to the dealer to have it programmed after reading the outrageous amounts they have charged other members here.

At this point, snow will be here soon, and car been down 3 weeks. If anyone has any input or suggestions please let me know.

Thanks,

Erick

Last edited by Boston01X5; 10-23-2019 at 10:41 AM.

Sponsored Links