View Single Post
Old 11-18-2019, 09:36 PM

TriX5 is on a distinguished road
SHE IS RUNNING!!

Today pressed on with putting stuff on the front of the engine and the steel bumper carrier as well as the other components attached the bumper carrier. I put the fan, air filter, MAF etc. Also strapped the mufflers back where they should be.

Added 35 liters of gas and then the big moment was there! I fully expected to have to jumper from my p/u truck as this battery has been in the car for a VERY long while but the motor turned over just fine.

One cycle, then a second.....hmmmm, clearly the fuel system on the engine was empty but how empty? On the third cycle she caught briefly after a few seconds and then IT RAN!!

Unfortunately with an incredible screeching sound.....after searching on the internet it seems that this is an idler pulley bearing and I will order the whole unit.

Nevertheless, I am delighted it ran smoothly and started easily a second and third time. So it looks like the end of the saga is approaching fast!

Now I am out of coolant and I need some other items as well, so back to ordering stuff. :-)
Will post pics once it is cleaned up and and the remaining work is complete. Thanks everybody for the help and encouragement.

Sold but not forgotten:
2009 E70 35d, black ext./black int./black headliner (sold 2021)
2006 4.8iS Le Mans blue/cream int./black headliner, SOLD in 2012 sadly...

Other hardware:
2015 Cayenne S (wife's new DD and definitely wroooommmmm)
2016 Tundra 1794 edition crew cab, luxo hauler
2005 Tundra crew cab, weekend hauler. Sold after 150k very happy miles.

Sponsored Links