View Single Post
Old 11-27-2019, 02:16 PM

Josh429er is on a distinguished road
Newbie X Owner with Trifecta and More

Hi everyone, I have been a long time lurker to this forum with all its amazing content but I recently got a reason to become a member. I saved a beautiful 2005 3.0i from the junk yard. Shes in great shape but owner recently lost her Indy mechanic and wanted to part ways with this car at an unthinkable price.

The 4x4 triangle of despair, brake(red) and abs lights are on.

I was waiting on my scanner to show up so I ordered the Transfer case gear and replaced it. The one in the car had apparently been replaced in 08 and looked ok with a little wear.

I have intermittent codes come up, which sometimes nothing changes(i.e. car doesn’t move, just sat for a day or 2)

The 2 codes that always come on even with the car off(hard faults) SAS and Transfer Case

2 that are fairly common but clear. CAN Comm failure and Instrament Cluster Internal.

2 that came back more than once but clear without issues. TPMS light and Bank 1 Lean(car runs like a top, live data confirms this)

Sunday I drove the car for an errand and TRANS FAILSAFE PROG. flashed, my trip reset itself. I noticed the cruise stopped working, but the car shifted fine. It was clearly using a different TCM program since it was shifting a little harder. Got home and rescanned the car.

I had a code for trans in limp home(makes sense)
And A different code for Comm failure, something about DCS(I regret not taking pictures now lol) plus the 4 from above.

I Cleared and they didn’t return. Until I drove the car.

I scanned it again today and only top 2 were present and the trip meter cleared itself again.

I have tried the relearn proceedure for the SAS multiple times the code still comes back immediately. I can view the SAS data live and it seems to be working fine. Same with all the wheel speed sensors. Not sure if they can fail and still send out good data.

Pulled the ABS module and opened it but didn't see any issues there. Ran it without it plugged in nothing changed. plugged it back in and the only different code I got was something about ABS Solenoid. everything else was the same and drove the same.

While it certainly makes sense that the ABS module can give me all these symptoms, I do not believe in coincidences and want to make sure. A lot of the stuff I've been reading has been about the Bosch 5.7, which this car does not have.

Is there more was to test the ABS module out? I am gearing up to order a new one and program myself, as I am not pleased with my Foxwell 650, I got INSTA software I plan to use once my cable comes in for it.

Sorry for the long post fellas Thanks for the input in advanced.

Sponsored Links