View Single Post
Old 01-06-2020, 10:19 PM

Baby Unicorn Taco is on a distinguished road
BMW X5 e70 4.8i Valve cover gaskets replament

Quote:
Originally Posted by deboelduro View Post
Thanks for the pointers man. I will take my time and be very careful with everything. I’m so use to working on Honda’s and Toyota’s. Bmws are a whole different animal. Let me ask u this. How long time wise did it take to replacing the valve covers ? Thanks again

I had limited experience before replacing them. I only had an hour or two at a time to work on it. When I did my valve covers I also replaced timing covers, transfer pipe, water pump, oil cooler alternator bracket, and some hoses. It took me many hours but I had zero experience. I studied a lot, used forum and video help. Drivers side was easier for me. If I did them again it would take me a day. I had to zip tie a lot of hoses up, move the battery cable out of the way, etc. there are a few tricky parts to remove like the back ignition coil on the drivers side. I’ll try to post a few pictures but this app never lets me upload them. I took a hundred for my huge job.

This is my adventure on another forum. You might find it helpful with lots of pictures. https://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/sh...topics/1313059

Sent from my iPhone using Xoutpost.com

Sponsored Links