View Single Post
Old 01-24-2020, 05:48 AM

andrewwynn will become famous soon enough
Remove front clip and pull motor?

More than once in the past year somebody posted on xo that their reluctor wheel had gotten loose enough to move from its set position.

You can see the bank one wheel through the oil fill on m62 but I think you can check either bank for the wheel being loose by exploring through the cps port.

I initially hooked up the timing guide incorrectly the first time I set the timing on M62, did you take pictures?

I believe the solenoids are positioned with pwm if you have a DMM with duty cycle like higher end fluke you can confirm the signals make sense before attempting to remove them.

FYI don’t have to remove much coolant to remove the upper level houses maybe a pint no more than a quart.

I changed an aux coolant pump recently and I let out maybe a pint then when I disconnected the hoses I just lifted the end quickly to make it stop spilling. (I also put some plastic over the alternator to prevent coolant dribbling in there)

The most logical way to access the operating condition of the solenoid is to swap and see if the error swaps banks so that’s what I would do.

I took these last night to show my m54 requested vs actually cam positions. It’s extremely helpful to verify the cam can track the computer’s request.

Last edited by andrewwynn; 01-24-2020 at 06:00 AM.

Sponsored Links