Thread: Iridium Plugs
View Single Post
Old 01-28-2020, 03:38 PM

dkl is on a distinguished road
Thanks for the info about Costco gas as I have been running it for the last couple of years on the X. Mostly trouble free until a few months ago with my sending unit, that was ultimately cured with a couple of fill ups and fuel cleaners from Chevron => https://xoutpost.com/bmw-sav-forums/...ng-unit-s.html

I guessed the "safe" things to do going forward is to do a Shell/Chevron fill up every 5 or so Costco tanks? Being a cheap a$$ that I am, I would still like to use Costco gas for X since it's so thirsty

Quote:
Originally Posted by crystalworks View Post
Costco has had gas quality issues here. We had a string of customers come into our shop with failed fuel pumps. Some of them customers on their 2nd or 3rd pump. Finally polled them all to figure out what was going on, Costco was the common denominator. I don't remember the specifics... but a sample was sent out and the gas was found to have some flaw that gummed up or burnt out the pumps.

To their credit, Costco paid for all the repairs after all was said and done. And after that incident over a few months we didn't see a customer return. Whether that was because they stopped using Costco gas (shop owner strongly advised against anything but Shell) or Costco fixed the issue is beyond my knowledge.

But I don't think gas is the issue, I'm more inclined to lean towards Amazon plugs being less than 100% quality as suggested above.

Sponsored Links