View Single Post
Old 02-03-2020, 06:10 PM

Diesel Spectre is on a distinguished road
Turbo oil lines on the diesel

Sooooo.....
When I picked up my e70 the engine compartment was super clean for 116k miles. Last oil change I noticed a little “sticky dirt” over by the turbos. I had the hood up trying to figure out why I’m getting a rough start all of a sudden (probably the glow plug module since I’m getting LIN bus codes). And holy crap, everything on that side of the engine is covered with oil. It’s not spraying from anywhere but I am getting oil spots on the driveway. I started digging around and pulling things apart (had to do the front egr cooler anyway) and what I found surprised me. My valve cover gasket (the first suspect) appears to be in good shape. I started looking more closely and found the turbo oil lines are saturated. It looks like the flexible portion of the lines has lost integrity due to heat cycling and the oil is just weeping through and covering everything else. Hopefully that’s the only culprit.
So has anyone done this job? Dealer say it books 13 hours to do, so after I un-puckered and muttered a polite “no thank you”, I resolved to do the job myself.
I couldn’t find any diy or videos and that 13 hour book time makes me think I’ll have to drop the whole engine. Looking for advice or pointers, really any direction at all.
Anyone diy their own lines for this?

Sponsored Links