View Single Post
Old 02-29-2020, 10:45 AM

Effduration is on a distinguished road
Sounds like a great project - I love sorting out a neglected BMW..

I read from an earlier post your car is an '06 3.0 - Nice..You might add to your signature - How many miles ?

The OEM trailer module and harness are avail on EBay - not cheap - but a big improvement over that Uhaul wiring.

Your rain sensor (also a light sensor) is either faulty or there is a dirty spot on inside of windshield - or other occlusion. This is probably why your auto lights shut off...
You can also code out the rain sensor and return to a normal intermittent wiper operation..see below

Any haze on headlights? If so polish them up to help with dim low-beams. See high-beam light coding modification below.

I installed an Xtrons Android head unit- latest available in my 2 X5's and am happy with them.I still have steering wheel and cluster OBD functionality. But I don't use the Xtron to read any car data.

Coding: I use PA Soft - which uses a diff cable than INPA. I also use NCS Expert which uses the same cable. Either can do much of the coding you would like to do NCS expert is tough to get comfortable and can require a lot of German look-ups (NCS for Dummies helps), but since you probably already have NCS, why don't you try to learn it.

This is what I typically do:
-Code the unlock function to single press- all doors unlock
-Turn off auto 5mph door locking
-Turn of daytime running lights - if you want to
-Code the center halogen lights to turn on when you use the high beams- huge improvement
-Turn off rain sensing wipers and revert to intermittent.

Last edited by Effduration; 02-29-2020 at 03:03 PM.

Sponsored Links