View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 07:35 PM

Cyrix2k is on a distinguished road
:-/ First off, I'd replace the starter with a new one since it's out. They are known to fail and it's cheap enough to do preemptively. Since it did turn over, try to verify there is 12v on the small wire when the start button is pressed. You can test this with the engine torn down, just make sure the battery cable going to the starter is insulated & won't short out. If voltage is present on that small wire, there are only two possibilities - either a wiring fault (likely ground strap) causing a severe voltage drop to the starter or a bad starter. When starters go bad, they can often be coaxed back to life by tapping on them; removing it may have been enough for it start working again. I don't think it's a bad ground strap because unless it was really bad, it would click and then fail to turn the engine over.

If you don't see voltage on the small wire, I would highly recommend confirming communication with both the CAS & DME. Since the DME is returning codes, I assume it's fine. I don't know enough about the Foxwell scan tool to know if it can confirm an ECU is online or not. Most of the other issues that would keep it from starting *should* throw codes.

Sponsored Links