Thread: Air suspension
View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 02:53 AM

Patriks7 is on a distinguished road
Air suspension

What‘s up guys, another thread during these lockdown times as I‘m trying to get my car fully fit.

Of course, it‘s the dreaded air suspension. I read every thread on here that I found, some of the info helped, but not all of it, so here‘s my specific case.

A bit of a backstory - I changed both of the front springs for Arnott‘s about 4 years ago. Worked great. Some time ago they started deflating, but always pumped up to full when I started the car, so I didn‘t think too much about it. Until one day I came to my car and they were completely down and didn‘t want to pump up until I pressed the height switch a bunch of times. At this point I started noticing that the pump was being more noisy than usual

So I took it apart and found a leak in the connector where the hose goes into. I emailed Arnott about it and they were amazing to send me two pieces free of charge. Some days ago I exchanged them on both sides, just to be sure. After putting it back together, the car pumped up again up to where it is supposed to be. Perfect I thought! But no, the pump was still being more noisy. So I did some research and found a recommended repair set on the pump here. Ordered it, waiting for it to come, hoping it will help.

Buuuut, the first few days after I fixed it I was driving around more so I didn‘t notice anything about the suspension dropping. Until yesterday when it was dropped again. This time it wasn‘t fully dropped, but I can still barely get more than a finger between the wheel and the fender. I was at a loss as I checked both for leaks when I had them taken apart to change the connector. I pumped it up and then noticed, on the front right side, for a few seconds after they are pumped up there is a bit of a hiss as if there was a leak.

Is there anything on that side of the car that can be making such a sound after the engine is turned off? I have taken it apart twice already and can‘t find a leak anywhere on or around the spring. Or can it be due to the pump not being at full strength anymore? Or does something need to be reset with the suspension (FYI the height adjust button doesn‘t work, it just goes into the middle position and stays there)?

Sponsored Links