View Single Post
Old 04-25-2020, 11:44 AM

CLS70 is on a distinguished road
I have an e70 that had the small CCC screen (no Nav) and recently installed a Dinavin 8.5" Android screen, the change in the "look and feel" was outstanding, the car just feels modern.

I was looking for an upgrade for two primary reasons, Navigation and Rear Camera; the camera (installed in the trunk handle) works great and the OEM parking distance sensors work fine with the addition of the visuals and turning guides, my wife/sons use this car and just this upgrade was worth the hassle.

The navigation is a bit more finicky and works only after you realize the way the android unit works (or don't) but in overall, just the new interface and the camera made the investment (for me). I ended up downloading Google maps files for my area and nav is just fine; for a long trips we use waze on a cellphone anyway (real time traffic information).

I still use BMW's bluetooth for calls and only use the Android Bluetooth for music. Sound quality is almost the same ONLY after you set the right volume settings. If you really care about sound quality (or have DSP) Android units may not be the solution.

Sponsored Links