View Single Post
Old 05-06-2020, 09:11 PM

Blackjetvette97 is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overboost View Post
The CCV failures are almost always when the car sits out for a night in sub freezing temperatures and the mayo collected in the CCV freezes. How cold was it in Vegas that night and how long had your daughter been driving. If more than 1/2 hour, I doubt the CCV froze.
Thanks for reply, Overboost. It was about 95F chilly outside last week when we took it out for drive
It was prob 70F-ish for the overnight low that car was in that previous night, so there was ZERO chance of freezing. We were prob driving it for about 30-45 mins by the time it triggered the smoking at turn signal into mall. If CCV fails mid-drive, can this situation still occur with oil getting sucked up? I'm guessing that as we slowed down to come to full stop at turn, that's the exact moment that something went wrong and smoke began. We were waiting for 2 bike riders to see if they were gonna cross street(on red) or wait for us(our right-of-way). I saw their reaction of looking at back of our car and looked back to see smoke. Puled in and parked quickly.

Steve

Sponsored Links