View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 08:06 AM

Overboost is on a distinguished road
Indeed one of the downsides of being self employed is the fact that when things get bad, there is no one but yourself to make things happen. I have always been able to make a middle class income by providing my services as honest and knowledgeable to my clients for coming up on 20 years.

When the all of the championship series' end their calendar year in November, times get slow for track support but electronic equipment sales for the upcoming year always pulled us through until the following season started up again with the IMSA 24 hour test in Daytona the first week of January.

Covid-19 has changed my perception on preparing for a "rainy day". I had never considered the fact that my source of income could be stopped dead in its tracks by a worldwide shutdown for months. Since my last event March 6th in COTA, I have worked 3 days at a test just a couple of weeks ago and I do not have another event scheduled until the end of June. That is 3 months of no income other than my wife's weekly pay from Target. We only received our stimulus check this week.

What a wonderful time for teams to have 3 months to go through all the cars mechanical and electronic systems. Yeah, NO. Everyone I know is clamped down on spending and watching each and every dollar. Even my clients with millions to spend on motorsports have taken a wood shed beating in the stock market.

Sponsored Links