View Single Post
Old 05-23-2020, 07:50 PM

Kris G is on a distinguished road
Dinan software experiences

Hi all,

Was just going through the original owners receipts today on my 03 to figure out what Dinan software upgrades i have. they offered a few different options or stages.

turns out i have the stage 4 engine and transmission updates as per the dealer receipt. my 03 had the CAI, MAF and throttle body installed at the same time.

does anyone else have the stage 4 transmission? or any transmission flash?
did it tighten up the shifts? or loosen them a bit? what about TC lockup? i feel they changed the lockup speed on that to a lot higher.
is it possible the stage 4 trans is for supercharged \ high HP vehicles and actually loosens the trans a bit so they don't constantly break?

the car drives great. but the shifts aren't as quick and crisp as my other stock 4.6is. however i did the trans fluid and filter on that one. this one is on the originals and is due for it. thinking that might be partially what i am feeling.

but curious to know anyone's views on what the Dinan flash's are actually adjusting for the trans. tried calling Dinan a few times. i think they don't even know anymore, as these are pretty old now.

Sponsored Links