View Single Post
Old 06-10-2020, 01:17 PM

sgrice is on a distinguished road
kuhllax24 - As noted by others, it seems you have the 8HP transmission, not the 6HP. So the internals are a bit different - see the youtube video posted by Spicehead. However, I am not certain that you are actually leaking from the sleeve at all. Here is why I say this:

It is not clear to me what you did (if anything) initially to the mechatronic sleeve. It seemed that you were intending to replace it, but then you "couldn't find the sealing sleeve to save the life of me." The sealing sleeve is pretty obvious - did you mean to say you couldn't find the white pull tab? Assuming the issue was that you couldn't find the white pull tab (and since it wasn't leaking to begin with), you then decided not to mess with the sealing sleeve. Later, however, you noticed fluid leaking in that area, and that is when you started trying to remove it.

Is that correct? If the sleeve wasn't leaking to begin with, and you initially never touched it - are you absolutely certain the "leaking fluid" was transmission fluid? Be aware that if you were running the air conditioning while waiting for the transmission temp to rise, the air conditioning unit for the back seats will have condensate drain out right in that area. On the 6HP26 transmission it is easy to think that there is leakage from the sleeve when it is actually a.c. condensate dripping down. Ask me how I know: I actually replaced the sleeve on the 6HP twice! In retrospect my initial replacement was just fine, but I was fooled into thinking that the condensate drainage was transmission fluid. Only after replacing the sleeve a second time did I realize that it was just water coming down. The condensate will drip directly off the wire leading to the sleeve. On the 6HP there is a slight dip in the cable and it functions sort of like a drip loop for a cable before it enters the wall of your house. I don't know about the 8HP but it seem logical the same might hold true.

If you've never actually removed the sleeve, and it wasn't leaking to begin with, I wonder if it is actually just fine. The locking connector is certainly banged up now, but I am not sure the internal orings are messed up. Try running the car without the ac on, and/or stuff a rag above the sleeve connector to sop up the draining condensate.

Let us know what you find. Good luck.
2010 e70 35d- now driven by son #2
2005 e53 3.0 - now driven by son #1
2021 G05 45e PHEV - now driven by me
2008 ML320 CDI - driven by wife

Last edited by sgrice; 06-10-2020 at 01:26 PM.

Sponsored Links