View Single Post
Old 06-11-2020, 04:21 PM

SpookX5 is on a distinguished road
Just an update on this. Got it all working!

I have been running custom front air suspension since February 2020 with the rear self leveling suspension still fully working.

This is how I did it:
OEM Front air suspension
OEM Air accumulator
Manual air paddle valve to adjust ride height
6mm air tubing, various fittings and one way valves and one emergency release valve
Compressor toggle switch

I simply tapped in the 4mm air hose that comes out of the compressor, ran that into a non return valve that connects to the air accumulator under the car, from there to the manual paddle valve inside the car.
Then a line to both front airbags from the paddle valve.

I've added two schrader valves, one to pump up the front airbags with external compressor and the other one to fill the air accumulator under the car.

When the compressor runs to pump up the rear bags it will fill the air accumulator, giving me control to fill the front airbags when needed.

But I noticed that the compressor for the rear airbags rarely turns on, leaving no air in the air accumulator as there was a very slow leak. So I made a switch to turn on the compressor manually and fixed the leak.

The airbags

Compressor feed to solenoids, tapped in for a line to the front air accumulator

First schrader valve, second one is in the same spot.

First test, fully dropped.

some impressions

I almost gave up on this and wanted to get coilovers for the front but now that it is working I will keep it and see how long it will last. There is something cool about full airride

Sponsored Links